Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leftover Coffee Now = Cold Coffee for Later

I have figured out what to do with my abundance of leftover coffee.  My husband and I both require coffee to function. He works nights and I work (ie. watch the baby and manage the home) during the late morning to late night. (I do too have a job!)  Normally I see Drew for a few hours before he goes to work. (It's hard work! Especially in a 512 sq ft apartment and needing to keep the baby entertained so Drew can sleep!) Due to opposite shifts we tend to make two pots a day and have lots of leftover coffee, which has been wasteful and expensive.

My solution for leftover coffee is cold coffee, which tastes a lot like grocery store Starbucks Frappuccinos. I put leftover coffee in the refrigerator in sealed containers, like my Magic Bullet cups, and add 1/3 milk and 1 tbsp sugar for each cup of cold coffee. Stir and cool thoroughly.

I don't like iced coffee (coffee with chunks of ice), but if I did all I would need to do is add ice to the cold coffee when I'm ready for iced coffee and stir. I could also pop the cold coffee in the freezer and let it get slushy like a real Frappuccino. Num!

An added benefit to not wasting this precious nectar from the gods is I don't have to make or wait for coffee in the morning (ie. my "morning"). It's a nice treat and makes me feel fancy.

Huzzah for innovation through necessity!



No comments:

Post a Comment